Exhausted yet? LOL Seriously though, although it’s just January, many are already going through a lot, or perhaps working really hard to kick off your year! Either way, it can be exhausting when you are on the “GO GO GO” for hours and days on end!
With that being said, I bet you all agree that self care is THE most important thing you can do for yourself and your loved ones. If you are not taking care of yourself, you can’t take care of others. We’ve all heard that before, but stop and let it sink in for just a moment. And then ask yourself…are you taking care of yourself?
Works for me!
Taking care of ourselves means different things to different people. For some it means spending some time at a spa. Or perhaps it’s just sitting quietly and reading a book for a few hours. If you aren’t sure what to do, here are just a few things that I do that absolutely work for me.
- Make a list of things I’m grateful for.
- Talk to a friend.
- Sit outside in the sunshine.
- Read a book.
- Watch a TV show that makes me laugh. (Will & Grace used to be my go to!)
- Get a massage or facial.
- Take a walk. Bringing my dog is even better!
- Go to the beach for a day!
- Do some Yoga or stretching.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- And for me…organizing things is a self care activity. LOL Yes! It brings me joy and a sense of accomplishment, as well as a feeling of cleanliness.
- Speaking of cleanliness, a warm bath is always nice too! Add a glass of wine even!
These are just a few simple things I do. Planning activities, trips and finding a scenery where I can take some photos is always relaxing for me as well, but not always super easy to have the time to do. The ideas above are easy, and can be done just about any time.
Oh, and if you google self care, there are SO many other ideas at your fingertips! Find a few that speak to you!
Consider making a list of some things you can do, so that the next time you are a bit overwhelmed or realize you need to stop and take a break, you can grab your list and just pick something! Even an hour is better than nothing.
If you have any self care tips that you do and would like to share, we’d love to hear from you! In the meantime, take care you!
Peace, love and light,